Release 6.7.6 / 7.0.6

Peter TB Brett peter.brett at livecode.com
Tue Jul 7 04:51:43 EDT 2015

On 2015-07-05 19:42, Mark Wieder wrote:
> On 07/05/2015 10:18 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>>  > I've never been able to launch from the installer window, and I've
>>  > rather given up trying.
>>
>> This was fixed several months ago with some of the GDK improvements
>> Fraser implemented in v7.
>
> But hasn't been backported to LC6, i.e., it still doesn't work.

Hi Mark,

I've briefly spoken to Fraser about your e-mail this morning, and I'm
afraid that we've determined that it's not feasible to backport the
Linux desktop integration refactor project (including the port to GDK).
It depends heavily on many of the other enhancements that have been
added to LiveCode 7, so a "backport" would in fact mean "do the entire
project again in a different and incompatible way".  I'm afraid we're
unlikely to have the resources for this in the foreseeable future.

Is there a bug report for the "can't launch from installer" issue?  I
had a search in BugZilla and couldn't spot it.  Thank you for filing
15575 BTW.

                                      Peter

--
Dr Peter Brett <peter.brett at livecode.com>