Pull down to refresh swipe gesture

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Thu Jul 2 12:28:53 EDT 2015

Skip,

http://lessons.runrev.com/m/4069/l/29603-creating-a-simple-stock-control-application-for-the-ipad (scroll down to "Using Swipe Gestures”).

I’ve adapted the LC lesson (link above) for something similar. Of course if you are testing for swipes left and right also, you may need a little more tweaking, but here’s the basics of the script…

local  sCoordinateArray

on touchStart pID
   ## When the user touches the screen
   put empty into sCoordinateArray["start"]
   put empty into sCoordinateArray["end"]
end touchStart

on touchMove pID, x y
   if sCoordinateArray["start"] is empty then
      put y into sCoordinateArray["start"]
   else
      put y into sCoordinateArray["end"]
   end if
end touchMove

on touchEnd
   put sCoordinateArray["start"] into tStart
   put sCoordinateArray["end"] into tEnd
   ## Compare the x coordinates of the start and end point
   ## This tells us the direction of the movement
   if tStart is not empty and tEnd is not empty then
      if tStart < tEnd and tEnd - tStart > 100 then
         swipeDown
      else if tStart > tEnd and tStart - tEnd > 100 then
         swipeUp
      end if
   end if
   put empty into sCoordinateArray["start"]
   put empty into sCoordinateArray["end"]
end touchEnd

on swipeDown
   answer "Swipe Down!"