menu buttons and showname

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Wed Jul 1 23:23:23 EDT 2015

I am misunderstanding. In an option menu, if I have, say, the second line of the text of the button as empty, I get empty in the selected choice. This has nothing to do with the name of the button itself, which  does not show itself, nor the state of the show name.

This is the behavior of an ordinary button, where if the label is not empty, then that label is shown as the "name" of the button, taking the place of the actual name.

What am I missing?

Craig