Unicode

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Fri Jan 30 12:05:11 EST 2015

Thanks Dave and Paul for the QCC report.

The ability to automatically detect encoding would really make the "it just
works" phrase be more in line with reality, even if it's not right 100% of
the time.  It would be interesting to know how many of the possible
encoding cases might cause guessEncoding to come up with the wrong answer.

In my case, I'm dealing with an SQLite database and there's a PRAGMA
statement that tells me when the encoding is.  However, I also have to deal
with importing csv files where a guessEncoding function would really help.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>