Windows 10 and Spartan

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Thu Jan 22 13:50:47 EST 2015

Hi Dave

Because tonight's "Create it with LiveCode" webinar tanked (GoToWebinar's
issue, not RunRev's) I have some spare time so I got active and after a bit
of googling I found this
https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/470/maybe-windows-10s-spartan-isnt-going-suck

In short it seems that Spartan will not be using webkit or blink but will be
staying with trident (apparently this is the engine used to run IE - I never
knew that!) - BUT they will be forking it and spartan will not have
compatibility issues trying to keep legacy IE versions going - SO it may be
that spartan could end up as a real contender along with Chrome, Firefox and
Safari...

Bye!

Dave

-----
"Some are born coders, some achieve coding, and some have coding thrust upon them." - William Shakespeare & Hugh Senior