Inspector Issue

Peter Bogdanoff bogdanoff at me.com
Wed Jan 21 16:07:02 EST 2015

I reverted back to an earlier version that didn’t show the problem.

However, when adding the now missing cards and controls, the problem came back. The missing cards were create anew; controls copied over from the old, weird stack.

It does seem to be caused by some object limit that the Inspector can display. The text of the Inspector itself starts being truncated:

On some cards I'll see Inspect>Buttons>[then a brief list with the first 4-8 or so buttons]
On other cards I see Inspect>Butt [exactly this. (Whose butt, I don’t know. I’m a musician, not a proctologist! ;) ) ]
On other cards I can see the whole normal list of buttons, fields, etc.

All the versions of LC 6 that I tried show the issue. In LC 7 I don’t see this problem at all with the same stack. It seems to be fixed there.

I’m going ahead with the weirdness in my stack and stick with LC 6.1.3. In the future I’m going to go to LC 7 as I require the Unicode, but not yet—the AV foundation player is not fully functional for my requirements, but that’s another story.

Peter
UCLA