Mac Menu Bar Apps

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Wed Jan 21 04:38:09 EST 2015

Hi Pete,

yes, but only with an external.

Trevor Devore created such an external.

It supports the following handlers/messages

--
HANDLERS

command CreateStatusMenu - generates the menu in the menubar.
	param 1: Name of the menu.
	param 2: A cr delimited list of menu items. Each line contains a menu item name.
	param 3: The tooltip that shows up if you hover your mouse over the menu icon.

command SetCheckedState - set the checked state of a menu item.
	param 1: the menu item name
	param 2: true/false

command SetStatusMenuKeyEquivalent - specify the shortcut key that appears alongside a menu item. This won't actually do anything other than provide a visual. I use it for some global hotkeys that my app registers.
	param 1: The menu item name
	param 2: The key equivalent (e.g. 2 or A)
	param 3: true/false for command key
	param 4: true/false for shift key
	param 5: true/false for option key
	param 6: true/false for control key

command DeleteStatusMenu - call when your app quits or you want to otherwise remove the status menu.

MESSAGES

StatusMenuSelect - sent when the user makes a selection from the menu.
	param 1: The name of the menu item selected.
—

Maybe you ask him, if he is willing to share it with you.
But i am pretty sure, he will do.

I asked also and got it some months ago.

Regards,

Matthias