Record Audio in OS X and Windows

JOHN PATTEN johnpatten at me.com
Tue Jan 20 23:29:12 EST 2015

Thanks Devin,

I will give that a try. I also found a work around that works fine too, AppleScript.

Put this in the a field:

tell application "Finder"
	set savePath to (the path to the desktop folder as text) & "record.m4a"
	tell application "QuickTime Player"
		activate
		set doku to new audio recording
		start doku
		delay 30
		stop doku
		set newDoc to last item of (documents whose name contains "Untitled")
		export newDoc in file savePath using settings preset "Audio Only"
		close document 1 without saving
		quit

	end tell
end tell

…and the following in a button:

on mouseUp
   ask  "Please name your recording:"
   put it & ".m4a" into tFileName

   put cd fld 1 into myScript
   replace "record.m4a" with tFileName in myScript
   do myScript as AppleScript
   --wait 10 seconds
   revCopyFile ("~/Desktop/" & tFilename),"~/Google Drive/CloseAudio/"
   delete file ("~/Desktop/" & tFilename)
end mouseUp

Saves to your Google Drive and you could create a Google Site with the Google Folder embedded in the Google Site page. This makes your recordings available any play you have Internet access. Nice easy strategy for educators to save elementary school student reading samples and listen and review later.

A little clunky but functional :)

Cheers!

John Patten
SUSD