Livecode server + NGINX ?

Peter W A Wood peterwawood at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 21:14:03 EST 2015

Pierre

Richard is correct that nginx does not support CGI. It will forward requests to an upstream server or a number of upstream servers. I support one application that has been running for a couple of years that forwards CGI requests to a second server. (The second server is Cheyenne from Softinnov with which you may be familiar).

I have also used nginx to distribute requests to a number of upstream servers when the upstream server could only process  one request at a time. In my case, I spread the load over four servers. This load balancing feature of nginx use a simple approach in the free version, I believe the “not free” version has more sophisticated load balancing.

Regards

Peter