How to access a file on a remote computer

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon Jan 19 14:14:04 EST 2015

Thanks for all the suggestions.  Still trying to get this working.

The last thing I tried was to replace "localhost" in the "file://"
statement with the name of the remote Mac as shown in the Sharing
Preferences.  In this case that is "Petes-imac.local" so I end up with:

"file://Petes-Imac.local/<rest of the URL file name>"

But the player still doesn't like it.  To double check, I tried "get URL"
with the same URL and it failed with the result showing "can't open that
file".

Next thing I tried was pasting the URL into Safari.  It also failed to get
the file but the interesting thing was that the error message showed the
filepath without "Petes-imac.local" at the start of it.

Baffled!

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>