Storing and saving a setting in a stand alone

William Prothero prothero at earthednet.org
Sat Jan 17 18:36:38 EST 2015

It wouldn’t occur to me to save data within the executable code (UI) area. For my purposes, I’d only save data in a separate file, mysql light db, or online mysql db. Apple has a folder in the Library folder called “Application Support”. That’s where I put preferences, licenses, and stuff that doesn’t change after installation. For student work, I save images and files to the desktop, or in some cases, to a server. In the past the server contained text, image, and database files. In the future I’ll save anything I want to go onto the server in a database (perhaps not image files, tho). If I want data to be available from multiple machines and locations, I’d put it on a server, although a USB stick that’s carried around would seem a reasonable choice too.
Best,
Bill