Storing and saving a setting in a stand alone

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 14:43:57 EST 2015

On 17/01/15 21:40, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Mark Rauterkus wrote:
>> Q asked: Among those who've never used HyperCard, how many people would
>> think of saving data bound to the UI?
>>
>> My $.02: LOTS and LOTS of mere mortals.
>
> I can see the attraction to it, esp. in cases where you're building a
> quickie ad hoc solution with no vision for later versions.
>
> But I can't think of any app that's ever attempted to save data to
> itself since OS 9 was put to rest so long ago.  Where would folks even
> get the idea?

The 'only' possible advantage I can see with an app that saves data to
itself is if it
is a portable app on something like a USB drive.

I can imagine a scenario where somebody uses an app both at work and at
home and for
security reasons carries the app around in their pocket on a USB
flash-drive or an SD card
and wants the data to ride with it.

Richmond.