[OT] I'm going to go live in a cave

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 19:04:05 EST 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 7:24 PM, FlexibleLearning.com <admin@
flexiblelearning.com> wrote:

> where did I put those cotton swabs?

Cotton swabs? I've tried micro nozzle attachments that connect to your
vacuum cleaner but by far the most effective way of cleaning all the nooks
and crannies of anything, not just electronic equipment, is CyberClean:

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#label/Mobile/14ae5a2c442d19f0

That listing is pretty expensive. My 500g tub cost me $12 and has lasted
several years. The stuff sort of oozes and deforms to any shape - see the
photo in the link of cleaning the fan vents of the Mac Pro - but it doesn't
come apart. It is slightly tacky so it picks up all the dirt and fluff. I
use a ball about a quarter of the size shown in the photos. I attack each
key individually, push down really hard with the palm of my hand to force
the goop into all the crevices and then use a circular polishing motion to
ensure all four sides of the key are done. You can see the stuff being
picked up and just keep going until it's all gone, then move onto the next
key.