Fake typing?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 17:18:23 EST 2015

On 12/01/15 23:42, Richmond wrote:
> On 12/01/15 23:19, Richmond wrote:

>>> It's a thought.
>>>
>>> This works very well indeed:
>>>
>>> on mouseUp
>>>   type "Q"
>>> end mouseUp
>>>
>>> on rawKeyDown RAWK
>>>   put RAWK
>>> end rawKeyDown
>>>
>>> I get 81
>>> ------------------------------
>>>
>>> Richmond.
>>>

>> However, if I select a different keyboard layout, say "AZERTY" (French)
>> and run the same script I still get 81, which means that the real
>> rawKeyDown
>> is NOT being delivered (it should be 65).
>
> What is needed is NOT to TYPE "Q", but to be able to send a rawKey
> command ???????????
>
> Richmond.

Obviously, on Linux at least, the IDE CANNOT pick up RAW keycodes per se
as the operating system's
keyboard layout "thingy" gets in between the IDE and the RAW signal
coming into the computer from the
physical keyboard.

This is a topic I have raised on-and-off for the last 5 years
here-and-hereabout :(

In a perfect world (Ha, Ha, Ha) the IDE should be able to distinguish
between which physical key on a keyboard
is pressed and which alphanumeric signal is pumped out by the system
when that physical key is pressed.

https://github.com/glfw/glfw/issues/114