Fields Have Labels

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon Jan 12 14:06:07 EST 2015

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 10:32 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com
> wrote:

> So we could invent a new syntax for this sub-object, so that we could have
> sufficient control over it - but once we have that, would this:
>
>    set the textStyle of the label of fld "Name" to "Bold"
>
> ...be any simpler than:
>
>    set the textStyle of field "Label" to "Bold"

Not simpler no, but eliminating the need for a separate label field brings
about a lot of simplification.

Referring back to the analogy with how the label of a group works, the
label is an integral part of the group, no need to create a separate field
for it, it moves with the group during design, etc.  It's lacking in
positioning and separate text formatting but it's the same concept as is
being suggested.

You're right though, maybe the new widget designer will provide an
opportunity to develop something like this.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>