Crash-a-lot just became critical

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 19:34:14 EST 2015

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Dr. Hawkins <dochawk at gmail.com> wrote:

> I remembered an address they have; livecode has a crashing stack.

I have it tracked down.  It seems to occur between my code calling for a
stack to open and the preOpenStack handler for that stack:

I can't do any logging *within* livecode, but I've added some puts to the
file system itself.

For the code:

   put "opening dialgosM as modal" & cr & the seconds  into url
"file:/Users/hawk/bk_clients/vader_d/add_log.txt"
   open cd "otLnch" of stack "dialogsM" as modal
   put "back from dialgosM"  & cr & the seconds  into url
"file:/Users/hawk/bk_clients/vader_d/add_log.txt"

I end up with the file:
   opening dialgosM as modal
   1421021932

Feeling clever, I put traps in the first lines of preOpenStack & openStack
of stack dialogsM

  on preOpenStack
     --   lock screen
      put "in dialgosM preOpenStack" & cr & the seconds  into url
"file:/Users/hawk/bk_clients/vader_d/add_log.txt"

This code is never reached.

The only thing in cd otLnch's handler is a mouseUp routine

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462