[OT] Slow performance under Yosemite

John Miskimins John at onechip.com
Sun Jan 11 17:35:31 EST 2015

I haven’t noticed any other issues with Yosemite as concerns LiveCode or any other app for that matter.  I have gone back and forth on some of the eye candy (turning on an off transparency and the like) but other than that, things are working well now that I have fixed the Spaces issue.

My machine has i5 processors/SSD and I have no idea if it will bog down on your Mac mini.  Wandering around the web, some people seem to be happy and others aren’t with your configuration and Yosemite. This is just a guess on my part so please take it for what it is worth, if you are running Mavericks Ok, my guess is it will run Yosemite Ok.  If your mini has a lot of “baggage" (cruft from years gone by), you may have to tune it up a bit (the activity monitor can be a great help).  All of that said, it is such a hassle to move to an older OS from a newer one, you might want to stay put.

As a side thought, can you boot the mini off an external drive?  If so, you can always try Yosemite before you commit.

My 2 cents,
John