Screen Flash w Visual Effect - Solved?

Roger Guay irog at mac.com
Fri Jan 9 14:08:55 EST 2015

Some time ago, I reported a problem with random screen flashes related to unlock screen with visual effect, that came about with the release of Yosemite and all recent releases of LC. I think I may have discovered the cause.

The problem seems to be exacerbated by having plugin stacks open. My setup was to have 2 of my favorite plugins automatically open when LC is launched. I recently discovered that the random screen flashes are at least far less frequent if I close these plugins. Does this make sense . . . especially since it seems to be Yosemite specific?

Thanks,
Roger