iOS push notifications: why are they asked for?

ethanlish at gmail.com ethanlish at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 20:36:11 EST 2015

My experience is that there are three areas to check;
- stand-alone application settings the profile used
- stand-alone application settings the check box for push notifications
- the application code 'pushNotificationReceived' etc.

The gotcha is in the profile used.  Look at the cert on
developer.apple.com to see if it is enabled for push

This whole facility seems like a prime area for better training and
documentation

Hope this helps...