Crash-a-lot just became critical

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 11:41:13 EST 2015

I've been living through the frequent random crashes, believing they are an
IDE issue.

Apparently, they are not.  I just built a standalone, and it went down in
the same way in a matter of seconds.

If I am unable to get all of the 7-isms I've used out of the code in the
next hour or so and rebuild with 5, this may cost me a thousand dollar a
year paying customer.

There really, REALLY needs a way to run livecode in a debugger to catch
these crashes, and it is simply unacceptable that a supposedly commercial
product has unexplained frequent crashes.

It is also unacceptable to expect me to turn over source code with over
$100k of development time to be able to try to track down these crashes.

I realize that not all of us are seeing this from 6.7 and 7.0.1, but this
is simply unacceptable.

And this far along, there should not even *BE* an issue of livecode
"quitting unexpectedly" rather than creating some kind of log.

To call me angry and unhappy at the moment would be an understatement, and
I don't give a damn if this hurts an engineer's feelings!

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462