Licensing

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 23:21:51 EST 2015

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> I wouldn't worry about that. What Richard's saying would apply if your
> end-users were bundling your plugin with the stacks they distribute.
> Since your plugin operates wholly within the IDE in the developer's
> ecosystem there's no conflict.

Whilst I agree with 'your' interpretation of Peter's situation, that is not
what Richard wrote. He said:

all code running in the same engine is governed by the license for that
engine.

If a plugin is made with the Commercial Edition, it can be run within the
Community Edition under GPL or any GPL-compatible license.

For an ideology that is suppose to remove restrictions on software it's
surprising how confusing, restrictive and detrimental it can be.