Licensing

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Jan 6 19:05:55 EST 2015

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
wrote:

> RunRev's view of "derivative works" seems consistent with that of
> Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, and others, so for myself, when I distribute
> things for users of LiveCode Community Edition to use, I do so under GPL or
> GPL-compatible license.

Thanks Richard for the clarification.

Just to clarify and make sure I'm not about to break an licensing rules, my
proposed license for lcStackBrowser is not GPL compatible since it will
specifically prohibit a licensed user from giving its code to anyone else
or using its code in any of their products without my consent, except in
the form of a license transfer approved by me.  They can of course change,
add to, or delete the code for their own personal use.

However, the stack will be running in Livecode Community Edition which is
GPL licensed so hopefully  an lcStackbrowser user would not be in breach of
Livecode's Community Edition license. Always remembering that
lcStackBrowser is strictly a development utility and has no part to play in
the execution of a stack or a standalone.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>