Moving a Group Smoothly

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 18:55:00 EST 2015

Don't know if it will help, but have you set the layermode of the group to
dynamic, and set the acceleratedrendering of the stack to true prior to the
move?  Also, since I assume you don't want the user to do anything else
while the move is going on, you might try a tight loop, and slide the group
around yourself.  like a repeat with a 20ms wait, lock screen at the loop
top, unlock at the bottom. (and layermode dynamic and acceleratedrendering
to true)

As Colin mentioned too, moving a snapshot should be MUCH smoother than
moving the group itself. If you go the snapshot route, wouldn't hurt to set
its layermode also.