Standalone on Raspberry Pi

Fraser Gordon fraser.gordon at livecode.com
Mon Jan 5 02:56:36 EST 2015

On 03/01/2015 23:46, Peter W A Wood wrote:
> Hi Kenji
>
> As I understand the Linux option in the Standalone Settings creates a standalone for an Intel-based computer. At the moment, there isn’t an option to create a standalone for an ARM-based computer.

What version and edition are you using? "Linux ARMv6" should appear as
an option on the Linux pane of the 7.0 Community editions (alongside x86
and x86-64).

> There is a “community” supported version of LiveCode that runs on Raspberry Pi but that is the IDE. I haven’t tried it myself so I don’t know if you can build a Raspberry Pi standalone with it.

The RaspberryPi IDE supports building standalones for OSX, Windows and
all editions of Linux (i.e everything but the mobile platforms).

One thing to note is that there is no Linux equivalent of OSX "fat
binaries" - the executables produced are processor-specific and you need
to distribute separate files for each processor architecture you support.

Regards,
Fraser