group id exists but yet not . . .

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 17:41:08 EST 2015

On Jan 4, 2015, at 5:11 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:

> put exists(group id 1004 of group id 1111 of card id 1016 of stack "nv") &&
> exists(group id 1004  of stack "nv")
>
> yields
>
>  true false
>
> Huh?
>
> Isn't the id and stack unique and sufficient?

Just occurred to me, if the group is not placed on the card the handler is called from, this might be the problem. What happens if you substitute "background" for "group"? eg
put exists(background id 1004 of background id 1111 of card id 1016 of stack "nv") &&
exists(background id 1004  of stack "nv")
The background token will give what you want no matter what, but if the group is not placed on the current card, "group xxx" will not.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig