clickWord?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 12:45:26 EST 2015

Humpf . . .

There I with a locked scrolling list field and I want to click on the
word "glaikit" in line
3, and if I use 'clickText' I get the whole sentence "He's a muckle
glaikit gowk",
and if I use 'clickChunk' I get this 'char 24 to 49 of field 1' which is
no good either.

Now, if Livecode had 'clickWord' I would be able to get "glaikit" 'just
like that'.
I am well aware of this:

http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/livecode/tips/mous003.htm

which does provide some sort of a work-around, but does have this rider:

" if there is any trailing punctuation, this is returned as well"

mind you, there are some of us who are getting a peerie bit tired of
endless work-arounds.

Richmond.