Project Browser vs App Browser (was "script scope variables inexplicably becoming unset")

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Sun Jan 4 01:40:51 EST 2015

I faced this same dilemma with lcTaskList.

I had many great people on this list encourage me to not sweat my coding insecurities. It is what it is and if it works no one cares.
You are correct in that there is no way to protect your code if it is unlocked.
You either release a feature reduced version as the trial where the “missing” code is removed (not just commented - removed)
You make it shareware/honor system
You eliminate the trial version entirely and sell the unprotected version. People buy it or not based on screen shots, demonstrations videos, and/or reputation
With lcTaskList I chose #3: eliminate the trial version completely and only sell a version that is unprotected so it works on all versions of LiveCode.

Bill Vlahos
InfoWallet (http://www.infowallet.com) is about keeping your important life information with you, accessible, and secure.
lcTaskList: (http://www.infowallet.com/lctasklist/index.htm)
RunRev lcTaskList Forum: (http://forums.runrev.com/viewforum.php?f=61)