setting a "locked field" to get mouseUp

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 15:14:52 EST 2015

On 03/01/15 21:45, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> I've found references to "locked fields" getting mouseUp, but not a
> definition. I would assume locktext, possibly in conjunction with traversal
> on, but am not getting anywhere.
>
> I'm successfully setting the selectedLine from mouseMove, but would like to
> be able to click on it.

I just set up a stack containing a scrolling list field "SLF"
and 2 other fields: "KLICKT" and "LNVAL"

The field "SLF" contains this script:

on mouseDown
    put the clickLine into fld "KLICKT"
    put the value of the clickLine into fld "LNVAL"
end mouseDown

According to the prefs palette for fld "SLF" the text is locked.

Then I set up 2 buttons; "Lock Fields" and "unLock Fields" containing
these scripts respectively;

on mouseUp
    set the lockLocation of fld "SLF" to true
    set the lockLocation of fld "KLICKT" to true
    set the lockLocation of fld "LNVAL" to true
end mouseUp

on mouseUp
    set the lockLocation of fld "SLF" to false
    set the lockLocation of fld "KLICKT" to false
    set the lockLocation of fld "LNVAL" to false
end mouseUp

The script in fld "SLF" did what is was meant to do regardless of
whether the fields
were locked or not.

My stack is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ja47l87gg87sn0q/AAAIj99kEQVOb8ev3jz8C5ORa?dl=0