script scope variables inexplicably becoming unset

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 17:26:53 EST 2015

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Scott Rossi <scott at tactilemedia.com> wrote:

> That’s good, but you really should create a new set of stacks, copy over
> your code or rewrite it in the new stack, and see if you can reproduce the
> same results.

It took over an hour to strip these stacks down!

:)

I have lost days to this bug.  I just can't give it any more time.  And if
it's some kind of stack corruption, now livecode has a captured specimen

> Here, when I palette a stack from a name derived from a script local
> variable, the variable stays intact.  I’m not using your exact
> setup/variable names, but if I understand what you’re doing, the basic
> premise works fine.

The exact code works on two other fields sharing the behavior on the same
card . . . but this failure really needs to be nailed down by livecode.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462