LiveCode 7.0.3: a new meme

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Feb 28 10:28:56 EST 2015

Brahmanathaswami wrote:

 > Richard: recently someone else on our team using  LC 7 server
 > (community -- digital ocean ubuntu 12.* with all the needed
 > libraries) had trouble with this simple xml tree creation.
 > We had a paid support ticket in with LC HQ who simply confirmed
 > "Yes you have all the libraries... so it must be the LC server
 >... we will look into it."  And that was the last we heard of it.

Was there a bug report with that?  If so, what's the number?

 > Can someone with a working server 7 test and confirm that all the
 > revXML functions are working?

I took a quick look in the bug DB for issues related to the XML
external, and there are a few but none stood out immediately to me as
being the one you described above.

I've submitted a request to RunRev to have someone spend some time
testing the XML external with LC Server under 64-bit to make sure the
updates they did for the engine for 64-bit were also applied well to the
XML external, and of course to identify any other issues that may have
arisen during the update for 64-bit.

To make sure I understand correctly:  in your circumstance your code
runs without issue under LC Server 6.7.3?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  LiveCode Community Manager
  richard at livecode.org