matchText question

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 11:03:20 EST 2015

On Feb 26, 2015, at 9:38 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Michael Doub wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the feedback.  I did not know about revAvailableHandlers.
>
> I believe it's engine-level, which means it not only provides more useful info than most alternatives (type, line offsets, etc.), it's also much faster.
>
> Not sure why it isn't documented, but it's enormously valuable for static analysis tools.

The output I get from revAvailableHandlers looks like this:

M mouseleave 14 17 button id 1026 of group id 1021 of card id 1082 of stack "NCMHC notes" of stack "/Users/pmbrig/Documents/LiveCode/ NCMHC notes/  NCMHC notes.rev"
M mousemove 1 12
M mouseup 19 131
F countVisits 133 165

It looks as if the first line is the first handler && the long id of the target, followed by the other handlers, M for command and F for function, with the starting and ending line numbers. Very useful, but an odd format. This is on LC 5.5.1. Can others confirm that the output is similar with later versions of LC? I want to be sure that I can delete word 4 to -1 of line 1 and reliably get just a list of handlers.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig