App on different systems

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 21:27:33 EST 2015

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 10:11 AM, JB <sundown at pacifier.com> wrote:

> That solves my problem of trying
> to code and sell the app to those
> who do not own a Mac.
>
> But isn't that why you code in LC, so it's easy to create crossplatform
apps?

Actually, that's a stupid statement. I don't code in LC because I want to
create cross platform apps, I code in LC because it's the well endowed
grandchild of HyperCard and HyperTalk was the only programming language
that my brain every really cottoned on to. HC was not cross platform and I
never cared, I only really create stacks for myself. But the fact that LC
is so talented and capable and can create apps for other platforms, and do
so in the same simple language that my grey matter can fool others into
thinking that I can 'program computers' it means that I have actually
created the odd Win, Linux and iOS apps.

Whilst it isn't the 'one code' for all platform hype the glossy LC adverts
extol, depending on how many non-Mac users become interested in your
creation, the more that 30% take by Apple may seem better invested in your
time to look at the needed platform specific code changes for you app. (As
many of the answer could be found free from this List, it could be time
well spent)