LiveCode 7.0.3: a new meme

Paul Hibbert paul at livecode.org
Thu Feb 26 20:06:48 EST 2015

Richard,

I'm still seeing a huge slowdown with some parts of the IDE in LC7.0.3 on Mac OS X 10.10.2, for example if I click any title in the main menubar such as 'File' or 'Edit' in 6.x.x the menu appears instantly, but if I click any title in the menuBar of LC7.0.x it takes at least 3 seconds before the menu is displayed. Typing in some LC palette fields can be painfully slow too, sometimes each char takes a couple of seconds to appear. It can get very frustrating.

I've tried, but I can't figure out a way to measure this delay, other than maybe recording my screen, but if there is a way to demonstrate this I'll happily submit a bug report. I'm a big fan of LC too and I like to see it get stronger with each update.

I've just built an iOS app and it's more than twice the size of the LC6.x.x version, increasing from 9.4MB up to 21.7MB, although it doesn't seem to have any apparent effect on the load speed or use of the app on my iPhone 5s. I'll try a few more apps over the next few days.

Paul