[OT] Wireless internet in my flat.

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Feb 25 20:43:38 EST 2015

Richmond-

Wednesday, February 25, 2015, 10:07:32 AM, you wrote:

> Well, I may be daft, but not that daft.

> We turned every single wireless device we had OFF except for my son's
> laptop: no joy.

> He was, however, running Mac OS 10.10.0 which had major problems with
> wireless.

Nonetheless, whenever I'm faced with a situation like that, I'm always
the first suspect... I take it that (more daft suggestions follow)

the mac air has wireless is turned on
the mac air can see wireless networks, just not connect
the air can connect via a wired connection
the air's wireless connection is set to use dhcp
the router is broadcasting ssid

if you open the network control panel, do you see a wireless signal
and there is just no ip address? or is there no wireless carrier?

but, as you have noticed, 10.10.0 is outdated (*never* load the first
release of anything), and you might be well served by using a wired
connection to update the operating system and then trying the wireless
connection again.

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.