Moving to the Cloud. LiveCodeServer on Linux CentoOS vs Ubuntu 11

Simon Smith hello at simonsmith.co
Wed Feb 25 18:01:56 EST 2015

Hi

Digital Ocean has a one click install for Lamp, that installs Ubuntu 14.04
along with php / mysql / apache.

I have not played to much with optimizing all the settings, but there will
be a few things you will have to tweak in apache to get everything running
correctly.

I imagine there will be a bit you can tweak on mysql aswell - depending on
what you will be running.

You will also have to handle hardening the server along with setting a
firewall.

Think I am still running 6.7, I tried upgrading it awhile ago and ran into
a few problems (it was either session or post / get variables - cant
remember) I would suggest trying the latest version, if there are any
problems it takes only a moment to down grade.

Simon