Open application when file double clicked

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Feb 24 20:11:16 EST 2015

Okay, 1 beer really can’t stop me from looking stuff up. Please see: http://superuser.com/questions/20822/where-does-mac-os-x-store-file-association-information

Looks like you need a terminal command to do this. When in doubt, SHELL IT! Your mileage may vary.

Bob S

On Feb 24, 2015, at 15:58 , Peter Haworth <pete at lcsql.com<mailto:pete at lcsql.com>> wrote:

Yeah, I got that stack and it works for me too.  I actually removed the
file association since that's how my app is built but it still worked.  As
mentioned previously, I'm thinking that perhaps the problem is in the code
in my startup/preOpenCard handlers somehow stepping on the appleEvent
message.  Since double clicking a file works OK for me when the app is
already open, that hangs together.

On Tue Feb 24 2015 at 3:27:51 PM Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com<mailto:ambassador at fourthworld.com>>