Because LC can't do two things at once.

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Mon Feb 23 10:53:26 EST 2015

I found this: http://www.nextofwindows.com/find-out-how-healthy-your-battery-is-on-your-windows-7-laptop/

Bob S

On Feb 20, 2015, at 23:59 , Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com<mailto:ambassador at fourthworld.com>> wrote:

Peter M. Brigham wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how *would* you do this via shell call or
the equivalent on a Windows laptop?

Good question.

Thanks to the beautiful simplicity of the Linux /proc directory I was able to find:

 cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state

The "charging state" field there will contain "charging" or "discharging".

Now if we can turn up a Win command line solution I'll write a handler for this that'll make it convenient to get this info on all three platforms.

Martin, thanks for handling the Mac side - nice work.