A nice bit of syntax

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Feb 22 12:47:57 EST 2015

Hi Geoff,

While this looks very nifty, it definitely isn't easier to program.
LiveCode is much easier (IMHO). We should never be able to do this with
LiveCode, simply because this isn't how xTalk languages function.

One important difference is that AppleScript uses typed variables and
even typed data and objects, while in an xTalk language everything is a
string (except for arrays perhaps, which are constructs of strings). I
consider this an advantage of xTalks.

If you really like this way of programming, you can create
Cocoa-AppleScript applications with XCode, which I actually consider a
very interesting way of programming, but I'm happy that I can use
LiveCode next to AppleScript.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille