opening a stack without changing current stack order?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Feb 20 15:34:20 EST 2015

On 2/20/2015 10:54 AM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> I've been meaning  to reply for some time now.
>
> The dictionary says
>
>   The object must be on the current card of an open stack.
>
> and
> If you specify an object in a group, the value reported is the
> formattedHeight that object requires for the current card, so if you want
> to get the formattedHeight of a field's text on a certain card, you must go
> to that card first.
>
> Does the full reference you suggest make that card the current card for
> this purpose?  Or perhaps the dictionary is wrong or outdated?

It's more like me that's outdated. The full stack reference does open
the stack in RAM, but formatted-whatever doesn't appear to work
remotely, probably because it has to be calculated dynamically after the
field content is displayed. So I'm wrong.

You can get other, permanent properties remotely this way though, the
ones that are stored as a part of the stack structure. That's most of them.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com