Because LC can't do two things at once.

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Thu Feb 19 13:32:05 EST 2015

Well, for anyone who's ever made an application
multitasking/multithreading, they'll tell you that there is all sorts of
extra complication involved in making it work, and if you've ever written
anything for a multithreading environment, it is definitely a lot of extra
work (it's worth it, IMHO, but it is not easy and straightforward).

You actually can make LC multithreaded-ish, and there have been discussions
about doing that, especially in server setups.

If you were prioritizing features for LC, would this be one of your top 5?
It might make my top 10, but I don't know if it would be in my top 5.