Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Tue Feb 17 21:33:26 EST 2015

Well this is just crazy crap. If I step through the code it *sometimes* works. Other times it fails. This is the “silent stop” issue some people were complaining about, where script execution stops without any warning or alert. It just stops. Even with debugging on, I get no indication that anything has gone wrong.

In my app, which has been working fine for months, I have 2 setup cards, one for database connections, one for preferences. Going to the each card the first time initializes everything necessary, then goes back to the calling card by using “go back”. Before the card goes back I set a script local variable to true, so the next time I go there I don’t initialize, and I don’t automatically go back. I allow the user to make changes to the database setup or preferences. I never had to use “go back x” it just worked.

Now very intermittently, the go back command fails. So I took the advice of one of the posters to the list and used go back 1. That didn’t help. I can open the stack one time and it works. I can open the stack another time and it doesn’t. If I step through the code it seems to work most of the time, but not always.

Like I said crazy crap. Something has gone to hell in a hand basket and it just started in the middle of the day. Now I am scrambling to find the cause, and because the step debugger is actually changing the symptoms, I am fairly screwed. I remember others posting similar symptoms. I guess I will have to go back searching the forums and figure out what they did to fix it.

Bob S