Bill Gates, LiveCode and Education

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 21:03:45 EST 2015

Hi All,

Recently, I was reading this interview:
http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/22/7870497/bill-gates-interview-future-verge-guest-editor

and noticed how the same great ideas from the 80's
about hypertext, education and the computer revolution
will be fulfilled by smartphones.

"Before a child even starts primary school, she will be able
to use her mom's smartphone to learn her numbers and letters,
giving her a big head start.
Software will be able to see when she's having trouble with
the material and adjust for her pace. She will collaborate
with teachers and other students in a much richer way.
If she is learning a language, she'll be able to speak out loud
and the software will give her feedback on her pronunciation."

I want to believe that all these great ideas will be embraced,
accepted and nurtured in the real world.

The question is: Is the real world ready to embrace these ideas?
In the place where you live, Could this happen anytime soon?
or many other things must happen before these ideas become
a real possibility.

Thanks in advance

Al