"accept" and socket read/write

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 22:06:22 EST 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 5:02 PM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
wrote:

> Phil Davis wrote:
> > As it stands right now, the engine is single-threaded so there's no
> > distributing of anything to other cores within a single instance of
> > your application. As for the future, I can't address that.

My thinking is that the application launches, and then it uses shell
commands to launch, say, three other instances which will listen on three
other ports.  Initial connections would be round robin-ed (?) to the four
ports.  Crude, but possibly effective.

If Mark Wieder would be kind enough to add forking to the Server engine we
> could pass socket connections to child processes, and build our own NgineX.
>
> Mark, got a few minutes to do that?  Thanks. :)

In the scenario I see, it wouldn't be on server, but an application:
revOpenDatabase() is *far* to expensive to call on each instance; the port
needs to stay open and connected to the db. (~500 ms to open vs. ~20ms to
tap)

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462