[TIC: Tongue in Cheek] Re: IDE oddities (was Re: Error Messages Are Evil)

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Feb 10 02:05:54 EST 2015

Richard-

> On another note, as I promised you last week I did ask Ben if RunRev
> planned on open-sourcing the On-Rev real-time debugger.  He's not sure
> and will check with Kevin, but he did confirm my hunch that it requires
> specific sockets open on the server so it won't be useful for anyone on
> a shared host, only a dedicated server where they can run custom
> daemons.  I'll let you know when I hear back from him on that.

> Also, he let me know that the developer working on it reports that he's
> about a week or two away from completion.  Nothing set in stone, of
> course, because it's a busy place there with team members wearing
> multiple hats, but at the moment things look promising for a rollout of
> the new On-Rev debugger reasonably soon.

<sigh>
(9 months later...) sadly, that seems to have died out.

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com

This communication may be unlawfully collected and stored by the National
Security Agency (NSA) in secret. The parties to this email do not
consent to the retrieving or storing of this communication and any
related metadata, as well as printing, copying, re-transmitting,
disseminating, or otherwise using it. If you believe you have received
this communication in error, please delete it immediately.