[not quite OT] Serving a standalone

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 20:17:27 EST 2015

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 5:59 AM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
wrote:

> With LiveCode we can do the same by merely extending the "anchor window"
> (or "splash stack") setup to open stacks from URLs rather than local files:
>
>   go url "http://yourdomain/stacks/stackfile.livecode"
>
> And if you MUST cater for a school full of iPads (the school my wife
works at is ALL Apple) how does that work? If you wanted to live the LC
dream of code once and deploy Linux, Win, OS X and iOS what approach would
you take? Now it's naive to think that you can really code once, there will
always be some platform dependant code, but if you wanted to keep this at a
minimum, so that your MVC for each platform was as close to identical as
possible, how would you go about that?

The statisticians may say 8%, or what about the 85%, but all those figures
are irrelevant if the first question you are asked walking through the door
is 'can you write an iOS app' and the first requirement you are given is
'it MUST work on iPad'. What would your approach be if your primary goal
was to build an iOS app and as an after thought you decide it would be
sensible to make it cross platform but with as little additional code as
possible?