gratuitous inclusion of oracle in 7.0.2-RC2

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Feb 5 01:25:34 EST 2015

On 2/4/2015 11:54 PM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 5:00 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I've never built an app that large, for something like that I usually use
>> the splash method so that I can have modules.
>>

> Oh, and you're not selling to lawyers :)

True, but I'm not sure that affects compile times...

I didn't actully mean I never had a project that large, only that I
never had an app that large (and I wouldn't build one.) The project I've
been on lately has hundreds of stacks and thousands of support files
with gigabytes of data, they're just not all in the main app. It's
easier that way. The app itself takes under 15 seconds to compile. The
heavy-duty working part has maybe 3500 lines of backscript, four
behavior scripts, three substacks, and maybe 100 small images.
Everything else -- the actual content -- is distributed among separate
module stacks that each contain the images, media, text, etc. that are
relevant to that stack. But I don't have to compile those.

Using a single main app to run the whole shebang makes revisions very
easy, we just upload new content stacks to the server and the main app
pulls them down as needed.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com