gratuitous inclusion of oracle in 7.0.2-RC2

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Feb 4 20:49:04 EST 2015

  J. Landman Gay wrote:

 > On 2/4/2015 6:12 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >> That doesn't seem big enough to need 15 minutes to scan the objects.
 >>
 >> Anyone else seen anything like this?
 >
 > I've never built an app that large, for something like that I usually
 > use the splash method so that I can have modules.
 >
 > I'm still thinking the slowdown is due to having "search for required
 > inclusions" selected in the standalone settings. The search would
 > have to scan and parse at least 30,000+ lines just given the specs
 > that were listed.

Is it reading the code, or trying to write it? :)

I'd flag it as a bug. Any option that requires that much time is a
candidate for reconsidering.  But given how fast LC is at slicing and
dicing objects and scripts, I'll be there's just something in there
doing a redundant check.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems