Confusion about making 64 bit binaries for submission

Mark Wilcox mark at sorcery-ltd.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 04:44:40 EST 2015

> OK so I am trying to submit a new iOS app and of course it needs to be 64
> bit now. So I prepared the standalone with 7.0.2 RC 1 but ran into all
> sorts of minimum OS compatibility issues with the app loader in Xcode.
> Waited and then tried again with 7.0.2 RC 2 but it now doesn't seem to
> generate a 64 bit binary - at least that is what app loader says.
>
> Any ideas? Is it me?

Which version of Xcode are you using? As far as I know, if you're using
LiveCode 7.0.2 and Xcode 6.1 upwards then you can't not try to build for
the 64-bit architecture as part of your binary.

There's a neat little command line tool called lipo which lets you see
which architectures are included in your binary if you want to double
check.

--
  Mark Wilcox
  mark at sorcery-ltd.co.uk