Happiness is...

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 08:26:19 EST 2015

On Wed, Dec 30, 2015 at 11:43 PM, Mike Kerner <MikeKerner at roadrunner.com>
wrote:

> Unhappiness is having rewritten it only to find it, again, and find that
> the newer version still has bugs in it that you had fixed in the old one

​That happened to me with a bignum multiplication. I had forgotten I
already wrote one, and wrote what I thought was an efficient one. While
searching for info on one aspect I found that I already wrote one several
years back that was faster and cleaner.

Fortunately I had learned a bit in between, and I was able to make the one
from several years ago faster still, so hooray for that.​