Scrolling Smoothly through Large Scripts

Colin Holgate colinholgate at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 16:29:58 EST 2015

In the stack revscripteditor.rev there are two places where a constant is set. I’m not sure how you safely convert a palette stack into an ordinary stack, make changes, and convert it back, especially when it’s the script editor you’re messing with! But, a hex editor did the trick nicely.

If you have one of those, open the file and look for:

constant kMouseWheelInc = 3

It will be there twice. Changing the 3 to a 1 gives you what you’re asking for.

Be prepared to replace the file if you mess it up!

To find that stack, open a script editor window and in the Message Box type:

put the stacks

That will tell you where the editor stack is located. I couldn’t figure out which of the behavior files in LiveCod 8 does the same thing.